In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- The challenge of training a PSA dog and acquiring strong dogs on an island continent.
- What is going on with IACP and how it represents a full spectrum of training.
- NePoPo® dog training and how the fusion of negative and positive reinforcement strengthens your training.
- Primacy of results and taking whatever amount of time it takes to train is worth your while to do.
- There is a lot of legislation that may come with good intentions, but also may be a double-edged sword that can be used against you, especially as may be subjectively interpreted.
- There is strength in numbers, especially in representation.
- Nepopo training teaches the dog pressure in the learning phase to prepare for corrections later on so the dog knows how to turn off the pressure by performing the behavior they already know.
- Be understanding of when something works, there’s a reason something works. It’s important to be eyes open and understanding and realize that every dog and every situation is individual.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“If you want to be able to continue doing what you do, you need to join a group that will help support that and help represent you in doing that.” — Pat Stuart