In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Pros and cons of different types of leads, harness, and halters.
- Growing your small business and selling to law enforcement.
- How social media has changed the dog training industry and the view of those training in the industry.
- Following an individualized training program for every dog.
- Don’t make generalizations about male versus female dogs. Look at each dog, and their temperament, individually as they can vary between dogs.
- Put yourself out there to get visibility, even if it means offering free training at appropriate times.
- You have to work the dog in drive that is most in evidence first.
- Get out there, do the work, every day. Get your repetitions in.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“The fact of the matter is, the longer you are in this field, the more you realize what you actually don’t know and how much more you really want to know.” — Jerry Bradshaw