In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Behavioral issues and dominance aggression.
- How failing dogs repeatedly drives up the cost of dogs.
- Avoiding confrontations.
- Tips and tricks for dealing with different types of dominance aggression.
- Behavioral problems can take times to manifest, you likely won’t see them in the kennel environment.
- Every police dog is just a dog – they don’t have a special god status, they are just a dog.
- Forget about being alpha. Your dog doesn’t relate to you as a dog.
- Stay levelheaded when dealing with a dominant dog, don’t take it personally, reward the dog when they comply.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“Gain respect from the dog using your brain not your hands.” — Jerry Bradshaw