In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Following principles, not just techniques and procedures.
- Distraction is zero sum.
- “Then what” not “now what.”
- Balance horsepower and breaks – horsepower first.
- Detection, muzzle work, and tracking.
- Always be learning – the goal is to suck less tomorrow than you do today.
- If you are too worried about your dog biting your back up officers that you are not able to do your job, it becomes a problem.
- Let the dog learn to learn! Let the dog want to learn!
- Experience is making mistakes and learning from those mistakes.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“The behavior, ultimately, is all that matters in the end. Is it reliable? Is it repeatable? Can we use it operationally? How you got there doesn’t really matter.” — Brad Gillespie