In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- What it takes to run a dog training business.
- The sacrifices needed to start and run a successful business in the first five years.
- Handling dogs with fear aggression.
- Reintroducing the newly trained dog with their owner.
- Bonding with the dog before training them makes it so much easier, especially if there is aggression.
Dogs want predictability in their environment. As trainers, you can create that for them.
- Tackle on stimuli one at a time, don’t just overload an anxious, stressed dog with fear aggression.
- You need a lot of positive interactions, trust building, and exposures to work with fear aggression. It’s not impossible, but it does take commitment.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“The importance of bonding with the dog and getting that relationship really can’t be understated.” — Aaron Kemp