In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Techniques and tools for teaching puppies proper biting.
- Obedience work and neutrality for sport dogs versus police dogs.
- Training outs and recalls with and without equipment or contact.
- Balancing precision and coverage in detection with off-leash detection.
- Every puppy is different and what you do for training in the first year is dependent on the puppy.
- Teach young dogs how to hunt. Let them express their hunt drive and be willing to work it.
- There is nothing wrong with having extra heeling behaviors in your pocket for different situations.
- Not everything in dog training is all or nothing.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“Dog training is not religion. It’s not the same for every single dog.” — Jerry Bradshaw