In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- The growth of PSA internationally and an update on upcoming events.
- The future of protection training and sports with changes in international law due to organizations such as PETA.
- Recommendations for solo training and those without access to clubs.
- Creating a PSA club culture for the best outcomes for handlers, dogs, and decoys.
- We need an international meeting of the worlds best known trainers to come together and make a position statement to preserve the right to train dogs effectively and efficiently.
- Dogs need limits and corrections. High level working dogs, and pet dogs, need limits set on their lives.
- Train the dog that’s in front of you, don’t hold out for the podium dog.
- Don’t rush, especially when things are complicated.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“You have to read the rulebook and understand the rulebook and understand where the latitude exists for things to be done a little bit differently. That’s where you can come up with interesting scenarios; that’s where judges come up with interesting scenarios.” — Jerry Bradshaw