In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- What drew him to becoming a K9 Handler.
- Differences in dog training from when he started and what he is anticipating now.
- His training adventures with K9 Aura and watching her continue to grow and become better.
- What makes a good K9 program.
- If the dog’s not ready, sometimes you have to go another route.
- You get what you put into training
- You want to make sure your dog is being handled on the street, not seeing new things every night.
- Learn from your dog – they can teach you as much as, if not more than, you can teach them.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“Be patient, slow down, think it out because the dog is vibeing off of you.” — Mike Simons