In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Brad’s professional journey to becoming one of the leading subject matter experts on SWAT and K9.
- The S.K.I.D.D.S. and CATS programs at K9TacOps.
- The differences between civilian SWAT and military canine units.
- Major tactical errors Brad sees regularly in tactical deployments.
- A patrol operation and a SWAT operation should be the same as far as how you search.
- Take what you learn in classes, then go back and teach others in your department.
- Keep everything slow and deliberate – it is safer for everyone involved in a search.
- Never stop learning – things are evolving and changing and there is always something new that can be learned.
Connect with Brad:
Book: K9 Tactical Operations for Patrol and SWAT & K9’s in the Courtroom
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“You’ve got to do some sort of socialization before you jump right into the searches.” — Brad Smith