In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Real deployment versus training behaviors from the handler and the dog.
- Pitfalls to avoid for the best street readiness.
- The power of a good decoy and the detriment of a poor decoy.
- Areas that are necessary for deep practice.
- Tactics are meant to increase the probability of survivability in any engagement.
- Deployability and readiness starts at selection.
- Train for a level that surpasses your certification skill levels.
- You want to teach engagement as a habit. You don’t want the dog to have to make a decision.
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe
“Structure your dog so they don’t have to make decisions about not biting somebody. Keep the tool in the right frame of mind. Keep them safe from having to make too many decisions. Keep them safe from having to make too much discrimination.” — Jerry Bradshaw