In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Nathan’s background and research interests in canine olfaction.
- The cocktail method of training detection.
- Psuedo scents and the research behind them.
- The ever-growing list of questions that comes up as you continue research and the further need for research in canine olfaction.
- Variations in your training samples.
- We don’t know enough about the threshold of olfaction
- Train the dog to what you want them to find.
- Look at actual data. It is easy to see a success story, but the data will tell what’s actually happening.
- If you don’t set yourself to be wrong, then you’re not doing science.
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe.
“The dog is a dynamic system, they are constantly learning.” — Nathan Hall