In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Debbie’s story and how she got into the sport world.
- The evolution of Schutzhund and how it is expressed in IPG.
- The conception of American Schutzhund and breed testing.
- The relationship between American Schutzhund and PSA.
- Political pressure has changed the way that dog sports have changed over the years.
- There will be over 40 exercises for each club to choose from and the results will be recorded for each dog for breed test purposes.
- There will be updates to American Schutzhund from IPO or original Schutzhund to keep the skills relevant and important.
- Without good judges you don’t have a sport – not a sport that is equal to all.
- American Schutzhund is completely inclusive – you can be in other types of clubs and organizations as well as American Schutzhund.
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe.
“We don’t know if we’re going to be successful or not, we may fail. What we do know is this: we’re not sitting around complaining, we’re actually trying to do something. We’re working hard, we’re trying to put an organization together that’s going to make our vision a reality. What we can promise, is we’re going to continue to fight for the betterment of all of our respective breeds.” — Debbie Zappia