In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Having a system of training you are going to embrace.
- Understanding the dance between dog and decoy.
- Keep an eye toward your goal during training.
- The power of experience and questions in education.
- Knowing and understanding your framework.
- Have a system with which to train your dog, don’t just rely on mimicry.
- Understand the system you’re going to retrain your dog in before starting the training.
- Consider changing the language your dog is trained in when you go back to the basics.
- There’s nothing wrong with starting over with your dog, even if the dog is a bit older
- Develop a framework for your obedience and keep it simple at first. It doesn’t have to be super complicated.
Get Jerry’s book Controlled Aggression on Amazon.com
Tarheel Canine Training: http://www.tarheelcanine.com/
Protection Sports Website: http://psak9.org/
Train Hard, train smart, be safe.
“Being a student is not a passive enterprise. It is incumbent upon the student to be a part of the education process.” — Jerry Bradshaw