In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Understanding learning theory, types of conditioning, and systems of training.
- Creating a habit so strong that it will hold up to distractions.
- Consistency takes knowledge, effort, and discipline.
- Having a picture in your mind of what is expected, and holding to that standard.
- Reward is what replicates the habit.
- If you are struggling with certification level performance, you need to consider reaching out to get some additional help.
- If you don’t understand theory about how a dog learns, you’re going to run into a difficulty in trying to teach a dog anything.
- Never abandon your training progression just to see what the dog will do.
- When you have inconsistent training, you have inconsistent behaviors.
- People who lack goal directed behavior become depressed. Dogs also have goal directed behavior.
“In the grand scheme of things, when you give a command, it happens.“ — Jerry Bradshaw