In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Understanding your end goal and purpose before purchasing your dog.
- What a green dog is and what to look for when getting a green dog.
- Outcrossing versus line breeding puppies, and what to look for if choosing a puppy.
- Some ways of evaluating/testing green dogs and what you’re looking for during those evaluations.
- Understanding where your dog is, age appropriate.
- For green dogs, everything changes within a short period of time, sometimes only a couple days.
- Scarcity rules everything in the world of dogs.
- Don’t be afraid to take the dogs to a secondary location during testing to see how they react to the new situation.
- Watch the dog’s response during all aspects of testing, including starts, stops, and transitions.
- You want the dog to be able to meet aggression with aggression.
“The goal is to see, first, does the dog have the drives in evidence, are they present, and what are the intensity of those drives. You want both prey and defense present and intense. If you have that, you’ve got a lot.“ — Jerry Bradshaw