In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- The importance of critical thinking.
- Logical fallacies, paradoxes, and cognitive biases and how they pertain to arguments, debates, and discussion.
- Types of fallacies and biases and how they pertain to dog training.
- The Expert Paradox.
- There is no such thing as a master trainer.
- Just because something is popular, doesn’t mean it’s the “only” way to do something.
- There aren’t only two options in training. It’s not an either/or situation. Train a variety of ways to prepare for different scenarios.
- Don’t ignore the probability factor in dog training.
“There are many, many things that we understand as absolute states, and expertness is not one of them. If you are attached to lifelong learning, you can still learn something new that will make you a better trainer in the end.” — Jerry Bradshaw