In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- How to start a PSA Club.
- The reason there is not a traditional scenting component in PSA.
- What makes PSA different from other dog sports.
- Trial preparation for PSA.
- Get a club started, put yourself out there, and you will start to get traction.
- Just because a dog is a good sport dog, does not mean it will necessary be a good police dog. They are two different fields completely.
- Don’t judge other trainers based on the outcome of a trail, you don’t know what their dog is like.
- Don’t over train weak areas. Balance weak areas with stronger areas to give your dog the greatest chance of avoiding the anticipation.
“You really have to focus on the dog at hand that you are training. There is no one set of guidelines.“ — Jerry Bradshaw