In this episode, Jerry Bradshaw discuss:
- Why is Grip important?
- What are firm, full and hard grips?
- How does progressive resistance work on grip?
- Differences and similarities between sport dog and police dog grip training.
- When a police dog bites you it is shocking and will help bring someone down.
- Environment/Training matters when training a dog to grip, not just “genetics.”
- Use opposition reflex training as part of teaching grip.
- Don’t let your dog develop bad griping habits.
“When the dog feels the burning in his mouth he wants to take the first opportunity to get to a better grip position.“ — Jerry Bradshaw